Ginger is a herb with a strong distinct flavor that can increase the production of saliva. It is packed with essential nutrients and rejuvenating compounds. Ginger теа contains essential oil called gingerols that give ginger its strong zingy aroma and pungent flavour. It has anti-nausea, anti-spasmodic, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antibacterial and antiviral properties that can do wonders for our health.
It’s doesn’t matter where ginger origin , it’s matter that you can buy in close store and enjoy its great benefits
Ginger Tea Recipe
My tea this evening was quick and easy. I simply take:
- 1 inch of thin slices raw ginger (or more, depending on how strong you want it!)
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups water
- Juice from 1/2 lime (optional, but delicious)
- 1-2 tbsp honey (also optional, but delicious)
Boil the ginger in water for at least 10 minutes. For a stronger and tangier tea, allow to boil for 15 minutes or more, and use more slices of ginger. You really can’t over do it, so feel free to add as much ginger and simmer it for as long as you want.
Remove from heat and add lime juice and honey to taste.
Enjoy your hot ginger tea!
A homemade ginger tea is excellent in
- Aiding digestion : Ginger root contains zingibain, a proteolytic enzyme that helps to break down proteins improving digestion.
- Soothing stomach aches : Ginger also works to neutralize stomach acid and increase the secretion of digestive enzymes in the stomach.
- Anti-Inflammatory : The active compound in ginger, gingerol is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent. Gingerol inhibits the production of nitric oxide in the body which can form a damaging free radical called peroxynitrite. Peroxynitrite and other free radicals cause damage to cells which may accelerate aging and cause diseases like cancer.
- Blood Pressure : Ginger acts as a blood thinner and reduces blood pressure in people instantly. You can have ginger tea 1 tbsp honey in order to make it tasty.
- Improved Circulation : Ginger improves blood flow by expanding the blood vessels. It also acts as an anti-coagulant, preventing blood platelets sticking together in the same way that Aspirin does. Due to this it also helps in preventing heart attacks.
- Lowers Cholesterol : Ginger is a great agent for reducing cholesterol as it as it helps remove the blockages in the flow of blood vessels.
- Acne : Ginger tea is loaded with antiseptic and cleansing properties which helps in cleansing the skin of its impurities. Regular intake of Ginger tea helps reduce acne or pimples. The antibacterial properties present in ginger help fight acne causing bacteria.
- Anti-Aging : Ginger is rich in an antioxidant called gingerol, which helps protect against collagen breakdown. It’s well known that our hands are one of the first things that give away our age.